Finding the Right Size
What’s My Size?
The key to finding that perfect pair of Fitovers is first ensuring you’ve got the perfect fit to accommodate your prescription glasses. Lucky for you we’ve built two helpful resources to ensure your next pair of Fitovers offer you the perfect balance between style, performance, and fit. Head over to our What’s My Size page for more details and then be sure to check out our state-of-the-art, Virtual Try-On.
Shipping is always FREE via USPS.
Estimated arrival is 3-4 business days after purchase.
Refund and Exchange Information
Exchanges / Refunds
Purchases made on Fitovers sunglasses can be returned within 30-days from the date of purchase. In addition to all original packaging, returns must also include the following information:
- Reason for the Return
- Phone number
- Email Address
In order to receive a refund, items purchased from our website must be returned within 30-days from the date of purchase. For a full refund, we must have all original packaging and in new, sellable condition. Refunds should take 24-48 hours.
For any questions, please contact our Customer Service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
Mail returns to:
Jonathan Paul Eyewear – Customer Service Returns
33 West Bacon St.
Plainville MA, USA 02762
In order to receive a refund, items purchased from our website must be returned within 30-days from the date of purchase. For a full refund, we must have all original packaging and in new, sellable condition.
Refunds should take 24-48 hours.
Please contact our Customer Service team via email email@example.com or phone 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST with any questions.
Purchase made from Fitovers.com can be exchanged within 30-days from the original date of purchase. To set up an Fitovers exchange, please contact our Customer Service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
Lens Replacement Service
If your lenses are scratched and you wish to replace them, we will gladly install a new set into your frame. Please contact our Customer Service team via email at email@example.com or phone 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST for details.
Cancel/ Modifying an Existing Order
An order begins processing immediately after it is submitted. During processing time it may be possible to cancel your order, but once the order moves into the shipping process, it cannot be canceled.
To attempt to cancel your order during processing, please call 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST
If you have changed your mind about the order and it is too late to cancel because the item has already shipped, then you can return any unwanted items in accordance with the seller’s returns policy.
Care and Maintenance
Replacing Your Lenses
- Remove old lens by applying pressure on the sides (from the back of the frame).
- Push the back side edges until one side pops out of the front of the frame. This should remove the lens.
- Take the new lens and find the groove in a corner of the frame. Use the groove to pop the lens in from the front of the frame.
- Once lens is in the corner groove, work the rest of the outside of the lens into the groove while supporting the back of the lens with your fingers.
- Repeat process on other side: Pop out the lens from the back to the front to remove…
- — And find the groove to pop the new lens in from the front, while using your fingers to support the back so it doesn’t fall through.
If you need additional help, please Contact Us directly.
Cleaning Your Fitovers
Clean your lenses with a specifically designed lens cleaning solution or with fresh water. Dry the glasses including lenses completely with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth. Never wipe or dry your lenses with paper products (napkins, facial tissue or paper towels). When wearing glasses near saltwater, rinse the lenses with fresh water before cleaning, as saltwater is highly abrasive. Avoid cleaning your lenses with chemicals containing ammonia, bleach, etc.
Register Your Warranty
You can register your warranty by following the link to fitovers.com/register-your-warranty/
How to Make a Warranty Claim
If you believe your Fitovers sunglasses are defective, please contact our Warranty Department via phone 888.834.8872, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM EST to set up a claim and send back your frames:
You can also send the product to the address below along with:
- A dated copy of the original purchase receipt
- A brief description detailing the problem with the product and how it occurred
Warranty Return Address
Jonathan Paul Eyewear
Attn: Customer Service Warranties
33 West Bacon St.
Plainville MA, USA 02762
Jonathan Paul Fitovers Eyewear Warranty
Jonathan Paul Fitovers Eyewear 1-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
All sunglasses have a 1-year limited warranty for manufacturing-defect 1 year from the original date of purchase. Jonathan Paul Eyewear will gladly replace or repair, any product with a manufactures’ defective. Scratched lenses, neglect, misuse, accidental breakage or normal wear and tear is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. The Manufacturer’s Warranty does not include shipping costs. The warranty includes defects in material and workmanship. Any claim must be made within 1 year of the original purchase date.
For a warranty assessment, send the product, copy of the original receipt and a short description of the defect to Jonathan Paul Eyewear 33 West Bacon St. Plainville MA 02762. For frames covered under warranty that have been discontinued, we will replace with the most equivalent model. This warranty only applies to frames.
For items not covered under warranty, Jonathan Paul Eyewear does offer a replacement service for items. You may register your warranty online or mail in your warranty card to your regional Jonathan Paul Eyewear headquarters (for information on our regional office locations, please visit the Contact US page). Manufacturing faults do not include issues arising from general use or neglect. A warranty assessment takes into account the frame’s age and damage from neglect or general use.
Scratched Lenses Not Included
The limited warranty does not include scratched lenses. Some wear of the lenses should be expected during the life of the sunglasses. Replacement lenses can be purchased at a minimal cost; please call our experienced customer service team @ 800.955.6544 for ordering instructions.
The Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty does not affect any statutory rights. This warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties and of all other liabilities and obligations on the part of Jonathan Paul Eyewear except implied warranties, including the merchantability, and limited in duration to 1 year from the original purchase date. Any claims for breach of this warranty must be started within 1 year from the time the defect occurs or should have been discovered. Jonathan Paul Eyewear expressly denies the rights of any person to incur or assume for it any other liability or obligation in connection with the sale of these sunglasses.
WARNING: SUNGLASSES ARE IMPACT-RESISTANT IN ACCORDANCE WITH FDA REGULATIONS; HOWEVER, THESE SUNGLASSES ARE NOT SHATTERPROOF OR BREAK-PROOF AND DO NOT PROVIDE AN UNBREAKABLE SHIELD AGAINST EYE INJURY.
If you have additional questions not answered on this page, please call 888.834.8872.
How are Fitovers Sunglasses Comparable to Prescription Sunglasses, Clip-Ons, and Photochromic Lenses?
- Frames are light-weight on face
- Stylish designs – hide glasses underneath
- Durable, impact-resistant frame
- Scratch and smudge resistant Polarvue® lenses
- Wrap-around style – Maximum protection for eyes & skin
- All styles have polarized front and side lenses
- All lens options provide 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Frame options without side lenses, if preferred
- Largest selection on the market – 25 styles, 44 frame colors, 8 lens colors
- Affordable prices & many promotions available for extra discounts
- Many options for buying – direct online, locally, or at other online retailers.
What are the fitover facts?
1. All fitover sunglass temples/arms should be adjustable.
- FALSE. Adjustable temples require constant adjustment, need to be bent around a person’s ears, and rest on top of the optical frame temples. Not only does this cause discomfort from binding on the optical frame temple, but also pushes the ears outward. Jonathan Paul® has developed a “scout fit” temple which is the best option because Jonathan Paul “Scout Fit” temple arms go straight back and around the back of the head; they don’t interfere with your prescription eyewear frames at all. Contrary to some competitors claims, adjustable temples need to be constantly reshaped or adjusted and become a constant inconvenience to the customer.
2. There are no optical grade fitovers that are trendy or fashionable.
- FALSE. Some manufacturers of fitover sunglasses claim their products are “optical grade”, but unfortunately this doesn’t always hold true. Most suppliers use what’s called TAC Polarized lens material. This material is used in the majority of sunglasses at price points between $10 to $50. The material is manufactured in flat sheets, cut and and heated to bend the material into a concave form. During this process, the optical/prismatic properties become unstable, hence less clarity and more chance of distortion and loss of visual acuity. In contrast, Jonathan Paul® Fitovers set THE market benchmark in Superior Optical Grade fitovers, by offering a casted impact-resistant Polarized Polycarbonate lens, meaning the lenses are molded perfectly to ensure maximum optical clarity with no distortions. In addition to the Superior Optical Grade lenses, Jonathan Paul also offers styles that complement the latest trending eyewear shapes such as cat eye, wayfarer, and aviator…and they are available in an array of beautiful colors. The JP Collections includes over 150 unique styles of hand-painted frames that sport lightweight, flexible TR-90 plastic frames in 44 colors. Why wear something that is purely functional and unattractive, when you can wear fitover sunglasses that encompasses both fashion and function? You can find fashion and function at Jonathan Paul® Fitovers.
3. Other fitover sunglass companies offer over 200 unique styles to choose from.
- FALSE. While other fitover sunglass companies may offer many combinations of frame and lens color options, they usually are calculating this from less than 12 different designs by combining lens colors with basic frame color options within their handful of size styles. These fitover companies offer between 6 and 12 different styles, that are styled like low vision or cataract glasses. On the other hand, Jonathan Paul® has the largest offering of fitover sunglass styles, with 25 unique style options all containing at least 3-6 different frame color options and 2-4 lens color options. This creates over 150 unique fitover sunglass options, in sizes XS to XL and everything in between.
4. Fitover sunglasses with temples that go straight back without curving down provide more comfort than traditional or adjustable temples.
- TRUE. Jonathan Paul® Fitovers are designed with JP Scout Fit Temples meaning that the arms or temples go straight back without curving down and therefore do not interfere with your prescription eyewear frames at all. Adjustable temples can only be worn when the temples are shaped in a curved down position, however this means that the fitover temple must make contact with the prescription glasses underneath. In addition to causing friction and pain, they need to be reshaped or adjusted so often that it can become a constant inconvenience to the customer. This can cause people to end up with ill-fitting sunglasses and a lot of pain from friction on their eyeglass temples. We only offer non-adjustable scout fit temples because they help consumers avoid contact between the fitovers and their glasses and it keeps our selection true to size, as proper fitting fitover sunglasses should stay snug on your head without adjusting the temples.
What are the health benefits of fitover sunglasses?
While wearing sunglasses is more of a comfort issue for people who already have Glaucoma, it is a preventative measure for eye diseases like Cataracts and Macular Degeneration.
- Glaucoma is a chronic eye condition in which pressure can cause damage to the optic nerve resulting in vision loss and blindness. This condition can make eyes highly sensitive to light and glare, making sunglasses a go-to for people who suffer from Glaucoma.
- Macular Degeneration (AMD) is the degeneration of the macula, which is responsible for sharp central vision, causing blind spots directly ahead. Like Glaucoma, people with AMD are also very sensitive to light, however, sunglasses are even more important because using them can help prevent the acceleration of the disease.
- A Cataract is a clouding over the lens of one’s eye. UV radiation increases your odds of getting cataracts, making the use of sunglasses an important factor for prevention of cataracts.
- Other UV-related eye problems include:
- Pterygium (when the conjunctiva grows into the cornea)
- Pingueculum (a yellowish bump of tissue on the white of the eye)
- Photokeratitis is a corneal sunburn that’s also known as snow blindness – skiers and snowboarders are particularly vulnerable to this temporary but acutely painful condition.
If you suffer from any of these issues, wearing sunglasses may help you find comfort, prevent acceleration of conditions, or both. Here are some ways Jonathan Paul Eyewear™ can benefit you:
- Polarized Polarvue® lenses – enhance visual acuity to reduce eyestrain and increase contrast
- 100% UVA/UVB protection – featured in all 150 of JP Fitovers styles
- Check the lens tint – The lens tint should block 75-90% of light. All 8 Fitovers lens color options fall within or close to this range with transmittance values ranging from 30-10.56%
- Yellow lenses available – Some lenses can offer enhanced contrast for AMD sufferers and this color lens has been found to be ideal for 90% of eye issues. *Please note: While this color lens may be great for strain relief and light sensitivity relief indoors, it is not recommended for use while driving due to hues of traffic lights.
- Wrap-around frames – As much as 20% of UV light can reach the eyes by coming in through the sides of sunglasses. All Fitovers frames are wrap-around and block light from above and both sides.
- Polycarbonate Mirror Lenses – Not only highly durable material, but the mirror coating on these lenses by Fitovers helps cut visible light and high-glare, providing added protection.
Jonathan Paul® Fitovers Eyewear has you covered from all angles. Since their frames are full coverage, wrap around design, with or without side lenses, you don’t have to worry about sunshine blinding you from above or the sides. Fitovers can be worn with or without prescription glasses and are unisex.