“I was nervous about buying these fit overs I wasn’t sure that for the price they would be very nice. They are terrific! I really like them and they completely cover my own glasses. Several of my friends have indicated that they too will check out Fitovers. The polarized glass is very clear. The design looks modern and sleek. This is a real bargain, now I don’t have to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses!” – Penny
How Jonathan Paul® Fitover Sunglasses Compare
If you’d like to consider your purchase of sunglasses from all angles, you’ve landed in the right place. When it comes to fit over sunglasses, most people don’t know enough about them to compare their alternatives and options.
We hope that the information included below helps provide the information needed to compare our Fitovers to other solutions.
“Fitovers” is a category of eyewear that was created by Jonathan Paul. For over twenty five years, we have been designing the best shades specifically designed to fit over glasses to provide protection and comfort when out in the sun.
Jonathan Paul Fitovers brand sunglasses feature:
- Superior optical quality polycarbonate lenses
- Polarvue® Polarized lenses which eliminate annoying glare and provide 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Lenses offer natural color definition, superior visual clarity and enhanced contrast.
- Lenses are scratch and smudge resistant.
- Durable, impact-resistant frames are light-weight and comfortable when worn.
- Stylish designs and light mirror lens coatings hides glasses underneath.
- “Scout Fit” temple end designed to wrap around back of the head without interfering with Rx glasses.
- Wrap-around styling provides maximum protection for your eyes and skin.
- Many styles feature polarized side lenses or “windows” that offer an increased peripheral field of view.
- Jonathan Paul offers the largest selection of sunwear designed to fit over glasses on the market. 25 styles, 44 frame colors and 8 lens color options.
- Many options for buying — direct online, locally at an authorized Jonathan Paul dealer or at other online retailers.
Here’s how Jonathan Paul Fitover Sunglasses stack up against prescription sunglasses, photohromic lenses, and clip-ons.
What are your other options for sunwear that fit over glasses?
Prescription sunglasses —
- Many stylish designs
- Often high priced
- Forced to switch between sunglasses and regular glasses
- Easy to lose or break during outdoor activities
- Usually not wrap-around styling which allows light in from above and side of the frames
- Not all lenses are polarized
- Not all lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Many receive the wrong Rx when ordering cheap options online
Photochromic lenses —
- Often high priced alternative
- Typically no wrap-around styling which does not provide complete sun coverage
- Does not offer polarized protection
- Does not always provide 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Photochromatic lenses will not darken while in a car as the windshield blocks UV light needed to darken the lenses
- Lenses will stay a little too dark once leaving light, or without even going into bright light
Clip-ons / Flip-ups —
- Sometimes difficult to find the perfect fit for your Rx eyeglasses
- Basic, limited styling—not as fashionable or offered in as many styles as Jonathan Paul Fitovers
- Often easily lost or broken
- An affordable alternative to Rx sunglasses
- Typically made from lower quality materials
- No wrap-around styling—only provide coverage of harmful UV rays from the front
- Sometimes scratch the prescription lenses underneath
Clip-ons and Photochromic lenses miss out on our most important feature — Fitovers Eyewear frames mimic the look of regular sunglasses so it appears that you’re just wearing sunglasses, without the high price of prescription sunglasses!
Feel comfortable and look great at the same time while buying an affordable option to prescription sunglasses.